Alliance: The Silent War
http://media.alliancethegame.com/community/

What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?
http://media.alliancethegame.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=571
Page 5 of 5

Author:  spm1138 [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Blech.

So you won't have to choose what range you're going to be effective at?

Hohum.

Well in that case append a shotgun of some sort to each of my loadouts starting with a Winchester Model 1897 and finishing up with Remington 870 / Benelli M4 depending on what seems most stylish at the time.

Author:  Macs899 [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 am ]
Post subject: 

De Lisle Commando Carbine and a ninja suit.

Author:  Fuijn [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

if it's available a short carbine or a modern boldaction rifle...

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

One thing that I can't wait to see are really slick reload animations. :)

Author:  Sasquatch [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
One thing that I can't wait to see are really slick reload animations. :)


Not trying to pee on your parade or go off topic (too late! :P) but I was curious what you meant by slick reloads. As in really smooth well done animation? Or perhaps flinging the mag up in the air and holding the gun upside down and having the mag land perfectly in? :roll:

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Both. Really stylized and good from a technical standpoiint.

Hell, maybe when you are realoading there can be a combo to beat the crap out of someone with the empty mag. :wink: :lol:

Author:  Spiffinz [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Both. Really stylized and good from a technical standpoiint.

Hell, maybe when you are realoading there can be a combo to beat the crap out of someone with the empty mag. :wink: :lol:



...WHY?!


We are going to be playing professional soldiers in the game, and I doubt that they are going to be wasting time preforming flourishes with magazine while under fire :P



Now, having something interesting happen, such as knocking the hagazine against one's helmet before reloading would be nifty, so long as it happens very fast and doenst make the reload take to long of course ;)

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
We are going to be playing professional soldiers in the game, and I doubt that they are going to be wasting time preforming flourishes with magazine while under fire

You keep assuming that realism is the only thing that matters in a agme. Better reload animations make it fun to reload.

Author:  DerMann [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Better ballistics makes it more fun to shoot people.

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dude. No more nasty sparys, mkay?

Straight sprays ftw.

Author:  DerMann [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

You don't seem to grasp the point of that spray. It's number one purpose in CSS is to annoy, outrage, and gross you out, and I'm glad to say it's working with 110% efficiency.

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

I realized the purpose a long time ago. I'de just prefer if it wasn't a factor in the game.

BTW, check your xfire.

Author:  Spiffinz [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Quote:
We are going to be playing professional soldiers in the game, and I doubt that they are going to be wasting time preforming flourishes with magazine while under fire

You keep assuming that realism is the only thing that matters in a agme. Better reload animations make it fun to reload.



Umm.. no im not.

There are other factors that certainly attribute to a good experience, but within limits.

Would the ability to do matrix jumps off walls make Alliance really really fun?
Probaly. Would it make any sense or be relevant? No.



Like I said, something where you bang the mag against your helmet, or something along those lines would be perfect. But no tricks ;)

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well, I like CSS animations. They're not too gaudy but at the same time, they don't look dull.

Minimalism shouldn't apply here.

Author:  Spiffinz [ Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?

Getting back on topic, I think an interesting question to ask is,
"What should, if there are to be any, the pre-set loadouts in Alliance be?"

Theres a lot of room for flavor right out of the box here, beyond the standard vanilla setups in most games.

Author:  DerMann [ Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?

Here are my ideas:

-L1A1 (preferably with SUIT scope) with a Browning High Power (GP-35)
-M1 Garand with a Colt 1911A1, of course
-M1928A1 Thompson SMG with an S&W M1917 New Service Revolver in .45 ACP (early war American loadout)
-A Sten Mk.VIS (suppressed), DeLisle Carbine, and Welrod pistol (dat Commando assassin)
-Lee Enfield No.1 Mk.III and a Webley Mk.V or Mk.VI
-M14 with an S&W M19 6" Combat Magnum
-Dual RCP90s, optional, RCP90 and Grenade Launcher
-FG-42 with a Walther P-38
-M4 SOPMOD and an HK Mk.23, both suppressed and tacticooled out
-Steyr Scout Rifle and a KA-BAR knife, only
-Sten Mk.V with an Enfield No.2 Mk.I(*)
-PPSH-41 with a TT-33 (aww yiss, 7.62 Tokarev all around)
-Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.I Sniper Rifle with a Webley Mk.IV (.38/200 S&W)

I'm not very good with modern black rifles because they all seem the same, but there's my 1914-early 1960s loadouts. I'm going on the assumption that these are semi-realistic and semi-historically accurate loadouts. Yes there are some that probably would not have happened (someone with an Enfield No.1 Mk.III would not have a pistol of any sorts and viceversa), but I feel I compromised adequately between accuracy and fun (no one wants to play as someone with just a Lee Enfield rifle when people have SMGs).

Author:  spm1138 [ Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?

Quote:
-M4 SOPMOD and an HK Mk.23, both suppressed and tacticooled out


If you want them to be period correct, the Mk.23 supposedly didn't get used much at all. They were supposedly very unpopular because of the size / weight.

Author:  Bigdaddy [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?

spm1138 wrote:
Quote:
-M4 SOPMOD and an HK Mk.23, both suppressed and tacticooled out


If you want them to be period correct, the Mk.23 supposedly didn't get used much at all. They were supposedly very unpopular because of the size / weight.


I can't comment on that, but I will say I prefer the USP expert over the MK23.

Author:  Spiffinz [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?

Personally, Ive always been a big fan of the biggest most powerful guns a game offers. The railgun in Quake 3 and Red Faction. The Barret M82a1 and .454 Raging Bull in The Specialists (even post nerf :mrgreen: ) Anti-tank rifles in Red Orchestra 1&2. The bigger the bullet the bigger the bang :twisted:
I like the way video games portray such controlled chaos.

One could say im also an advocate of stopping power, so in Alliance you will probably see me running around with some ridiculous gun like an old .45-110 sharps and a .44 magnum :lol:

I had an idea for the Pre-Made loadout setups, (this is probably how its being done anyway hah) you can filter through different nations military weapons by generation. Clicking on the United States for instance would start by showing the various M16/M4 variants, Beretta M9, M67 frag grenade, M249 SAW, etc. [id love to actually make a list of ALL the guns including all the minor variations between branches and special forces type units but there is no time :( ] for Modern Times then as you go into the past the different slots would change according to history.
So between the Gulf War and the war in Iraq/Afghanistan the primary sidearm would change from the m1911a1 to the beretta m9 for the army/navy/marines/airforce but for other special units itd be other gagets as it is today im sure :D

Clicking on the U.K. would start with the SA80 of modern times and/or the P226/Browning L9A1 etc etc.

That would make it easy to fight scenarios across time so to speak, specific soldiers from one time period and location to fight enemies from another :mrgreen:

Author:  Colt .45 Killer [ Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What will your load out of choice be in Alliance?

Spiffinz wrote:
Personally, Ive always been a big fan of the biggest most powerful guns a game offers. The railgun in Quake 3 and Red Faction. The Barret M82a1 and .454 Raging Bull in The Specialists (even post nerf :mrgreen: ) Anti-tank rifles in Red Orchestra 1&2. The bigger the bullet the bigger the bang :twisted:
I like the way video games portray such controlled chaos.

One could say im also an advocate of stopping power, so in Alliance you will probably see me running around with some ridiculous gun like an old .45-110 sharps and a .44 magnum :lol:

I had an idea for the Pre-Made loadout setups, (this is probably how its being done anyway hah) you can filter through different nations military weapons by generation. Clicking on the United States for instance would start by showing the various M16/M4 variants, Beretta M9, M67 frag grenade, M249 SAW, etc. [id love to actually make a list of ALL the guns including all the minor variations between branches and special forces type units but there is no time :( ] for Modern Times then as you go into the past the different slots would change according to history.
So between the Gulf War and the war in Iraq/Afghanistan the primary sidearm would change from the m1911a1 to the beretta m9 for the army/navy/marines/airforce but for other special units itd be other gagets as it is today im sure :D

Clicking on the U.K. would start with the SA80 of modern times and/or the P226/Browning L9A1 etc etc.

That would make it easy to fight scenarios across time so to speak, specific soldiers from one time period and location to fight enemies from another :mrgreen:


.45-110 while powerful is probably not as powerful as a .45-120 ( or the 150 ), or the .50-XXX cartridges. Therefore I shall be able to outrange you with my sharps rifle.....

Page 5 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/