Alliance: The Silent War
http://media.alliancethegame.com/community/

Boo!
http://media.alliancethegame.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=983
Page 1 of 1

Author:  AllianceAsi [ Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Boo!

Just thought I'd say hi. What's up people?

Nothing majorly new to report, but figured I'd peak in and see how everyone's doing.

Author:  Spiffinz [ Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boo!

ZainAnak wrote:
Just thought I'd say hi. What's up people?

Nothing majorly new to report, but figured I'd peak in and see how everyone's doing.


I'm afraid heresy and discontent are rampant in whats left of these once great forums :(

The people need hope Zain... they need hope.

Author:  Bigdaddy [ Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:37 am ]
Post subject: 

I will hopefully be getting this in the next 6 months....hopefully lol.

Image

Author:  AeroCmdr [ Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:02 am ]
Post subject: 

I've been taking flight lessons?

Author:  andrew916 [ Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:32 am ]
Post subject: 

i miss this game so much

Author:  Sasquatch [ Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:32 am ]
Post subject: 

I've been playing guitar myself with the guitar I got for Christmas. Ain't she a beaut? Solid sitka spruce top with rosewood back and sides.

Image
Image
Image

Author:  andrew916 [ Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:35 am ]
Post subject: 

i wonder if the developers ever come back and look at the forum

Author:  Bigdaddy [ Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:31 am ]
Post subject: 

andrew916 wrote:
i wonder if the developers ever come back and look at the forum


Who do you think ZainAnak is?

Author:  AeroCmdr [ Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sasquatch wrote:
I've been playing guitar myself with the guitar I got for Christmas. Ain't she a beaut? Solid sitka spruce top with rosewood back and sides.

Image
Image
Image
Very nice! I've always wanted to play. I have an old Epiphone Genesis and a old acoustic (not sure what it is I need to find it) but still havn't gotten around to getting lessons or anything.

Author:  Sasquatch [ Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

AeroCmdr wrote:
Very nice! I've always wanted to play. I have an old Epiphone Genesis and a old acoustic (not sure what it is I need to find it) but still havn't gotten around to getting lessons or anything.


It's such a great thing man; I highly recommend learning an instrument. I never get bored now and I am constantly challenging myself. Not to say there won't be times where you feel like you hit a wall but that's true when learning anything. It's such an awesome feeling to practice continuously and then finally get it right.

If you want to know any resources lemme know. I do believe we are friends on steam actually. (kozmo7)

Author:  AeroCmdr [ Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sasquatch wrote:
AeroCmdr wrote:
Very nice! I've always wanted to play. I have an old Epiphone Genesis and a old acoustic (not sure what it is I need to find it) but still havn't gotten around to getting lessons or anything.


It's such a great thing man; I highly recommend learning an instrument. I never get bored now and I am constantly challenging myself. Not to say there won't be times where you feel like you hit a wall but that's true when learning anything. It's such an awesome feeling to practice continuously and then finally get it right.

If you want to know any resources lemme know. I do believe we are friends on steam actually. (kozmo7)
Indeed we are friends on Steam.

Author:  spm1138 [ Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 am ]
Post subject: 

I decamped to the Black Foot Studios forum. Ground Branch sounds more like being "teh win" every day.

I played Eve online for a while but got bored.

I am amazed to see there's still people posting here.

Author:  Sasquatch [ Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:27 am ]
Post subject: 

spm1138 wrote:
I decamped to the Black Foot Studios forum. Ground Branch sounds more like being "teh win" every day.


Never heard of this before.. Care to chat on MSN sometime? All of my profile information is still correct although I rarely log onto xfire anymore.

Author:  Spiffinz [ Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

spm1138 wrote:
I decamped to the Black Foot Studios forum. Ground Branch sounds more like being "teh win" every day.

I played Eve online for a while but got bored.

I am amazed to see there's still people posting here.



So is Black Foot Studios working on a game or are they developing technology? If its a game, whats the name of it?

Author:  spm1138 [ Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's a game in it's own right. Blackfoot Studios are John Sonedecker and a few other Red Storm entertainment people, Beppo from Sentry Studios and a handful of special forces guys (including an active green beret and a helo pilot). Between them they've worked on the Rainbow Six games back when they were good, Ghost Recon back when it was Ghost Recon and Infiltration.

They're using someone else's engine - they haven't been able to announce yet because they didn't buy a full license yet, although they have been able to start work without buying a license.

It's basically the spiritual successor to Ghost Recon, minus a lot of compromises they made for the technology (crosshairs, being stuck to the ground, distance fogging, tiny maps etc. etc.)

Unlike Ubi's games where it's all like a Michael Bay movie they're trying to get back to the gameplay of the original where they give you some objectives and some tools and let you work it out. It's also going to be a move back towards the "special operations" type gameplay where you sneak and use surprise to achieve your objectives rather than machinegunning a bloody swathe through half a third world nation.

The name refers to the CIA's dirty tricks unit. They're mostly made up of personel from other units like delta, team 6 etc. Being the CIA's unit they do lots of very unofficial stuff and generally go in way before anyone else.

Quote:
Ground Branch often operates in an area where there is no official or allowed military presence and utilizes the most advanced weaponry, intelligence and support mechanisms.


Which should give you some idea what the gameplay will be like.

Forums:
http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/ ... topic=1084

First (of five) newsletter:
http://www.blackfootstudios.com/newslet ... Sept07.pdf

WIP shots:
http://www.spm1138.com/BFS_FPS_Teaser_100.jpg
http://www.spm1138.com/BFS_FPS_Teaser_101.jpg

Author:  Colt .45 Killer [ Sat May 10, 2008 8:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

well if zain attack reads this, could you just write a nice post saying youl go back to alliance after your done with second life, even if its a lie it would make waiting for some good fps games a bit easer; all the fps games out now are CRAP

Author:  white noise [ Mon May 12, 2008 10:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Colt .45 Killer wrote:
well if zain attack reads this, could you just write a nice post saying youl go back to alliance after your done with second life, even if its a lie it would make waiting for some good fps games a bit easer; all the fps games out now are CRAP

Are you serious? Call lof Duty 4, Ranbow Six vegas 1/2, Bioshock, Crysis, STALKER.

Author:  AeroCmdr [ Tue May 13, 2008 4:24 am ]
Post subject: 

white noise wrote:
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
well if zain attack reads this, could you just write a nice post saying youl go back to alliance after your done with second life, even if its a lie it would make waiting for some good fps games a bit easer; all the fps games out now are CRAP

Are you serious? Call lof Duty 4, Ranbow Six vegas 1/2, Bioshock, Crysis, STALKER.
For realism those are very "crappy".

Author:  Spiffinz [ Tue May 13, 2008 5:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

AeroCmdr wrote:
white noise wrote:
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
well if zain attack reads this, could you just write a nice post saying youl go back to alliance after your done with second life, even if its a lie it would make waiting for some good fps games a bit easer; all the fps games out now are CRAP

Are you serious? Call lof Duty 4, Ranbow Six vegas 1/2, Bioshock, Crysis, STALKER.
For realism those are very "crappy".


Quite. :(


Project Reality is fun :D I've been playing that a lot lately.

Author:  Sasquatch [ Wed May 21, 2008 5:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've been playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune a lot due to the fact the new Indy flick is coming out tonight.

Awesome fucking game for what it is.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/