The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:35 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:08 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:47 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Mississippi
Quote:
You don't "need" to be playing computer games, but they entertain you. Same thing with automatic weapons. They're not necessary, but they're very, very, fun to shoot. 99% of people who legally own automatic firearms never commit a crime, as there is a background check involved with getting a Class III license.

Dude, are you serious? Video games can't kill people. Guns can. Handing guns ou to people is alot riskier than letting someone buy Halo.

Do yo thjink they should give people tanks to use? I bet they'de be very fun to... Question is how much fun should you be able to have..

_________________
nooo!! Alliance!! Where art thou!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:33 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 196
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Dude, are you serious? Video games can't kill people.


O RLY?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165296,00.html

Here's where your argument fails: its end-user responsibility. Just like how someone could use a home videocamera to tape child pornography, actually play so much video games he dies, or uses a firearm to kill someone. Guns are inanimate objects that only do what you make them do.

Quote:
Do yo thjink they should give people tanks to use? I bet they'de be very fun to...


No, but I definitely think U.S. citizens should be allowed to purchase U.S. military tanks with intact breaches and cannons and be able to buy ammo for them without having to deal with the BATFE.

In a world that followed the U.S. Constitution, you'd be able to walk into your local gunstore with $2000 and walk out with an MG42 and 1000 rounds of ammunition. And, this country would be better off today if that's how it was.

An armed society is a polite society.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:41 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:47 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Mississippi
[quote]In a world that followed the U.S. Constitution, you'd be able to walk into your local gunstore with $2000 and walk out with an MG42 and 1000 rounds of ammunition. And, this country would be better off today if that's how it was./quote]
You mean those big ass machine guns? Are you on crack?

_________________
nooo!! Alliance!! Where art thou!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:14 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Houston, TX
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Quote:
In a world that followed the U.S. Constitution, you'd be able to walk into your local gunstore with $2000 and walk out with an MG42 and 1000 rounds of ammunition. And, this country would be better off today if that's how it was./quote]
You mean those big ass machine guns? Are you on crack?


Its time like these that people just want to slap you Arcadia :roll:

_________________
Image
"Dream a little bit
This is the kush to your lighter"

The NZG Specialist, Stick Wielder, Shotgun Extraordinaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:55 am 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
I'm so confused on why so many people are so stupid and ignorant.

Arcadia Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjsvtqx4RLY

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:18 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:47 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Mississippi
Spiffinz wrote:
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Quote:
In a world that followed the U.S. Constitution, you'd be able to walk into your local gunstore with $2000 and walk out with an MG42 and 1000 rounds of ammunition. And, this country would be better off today if that's how it was./quote]
You mean those big ass machine guns? Are you on crack?


Its time like these that people just want to slap you Arcadia :roll:

So yo think that peoe driving around in tanks and carrying around machine guns and bazookas would make it abetter world? OOkkayy there.. Dif you knwo the moon's made of cheese?

Quote:
I'm so confused on why so many people are so stupid and ignorant.

Arcadia Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjsvtqx4RLY

Thanks bud, that was pretty funny! :)

_________________
nooo!! Alliance!! Where art thou!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:49 pm 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
It wasnt ment to be funny. It was ment to show you how much of an idiot you are. BTW people do have tanks...but they cant buy ammo (might be something else to it I dont know) ...you realize a bazooka is a metal tube with a trigger ...right? And a bunch of people have Fully automatic weapons....and look....only 1 crime has been committed with a LEGAL AUTOMATIC WEAPON.

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:39 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 196
Arcadia Fades wrote:
So yo think that peoe driving around in tanks and carrying around machine guns and bazookas would make it abetter world? OOkkayy there.. Dif you knwo the moon's made of cheese?


The only person to have committed a crime with a legally purchased machinegun was an OFF-DUTY POLICE OFFICER.

So, what, are cops therefore a danger to society? Should we ban cops and take away their weapons?

Also, you assume being able to own tanks/bazookas = people driving tanks through McDonald's or robbing a bank with a bazooka. Not so.

You do realize that, in Iraq, people aren't supposed to be walking around with rifles and RPGs, right? Well, guess what, bad people with guns (whether bought legally or illegally) don't care about laws. Machine guns ARE LEGAL TO OWN IN THE UNITED STATES - so when was the last time you saw someone shooting up your neighborhood with one? Never?! BUT HOW?! They can be bought, therefore SURELY, there must be gunfights in the streets with machine guns and people robbing banks with them everyday.

...But they aren't. Think long and hard why not.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the two behind the Columbine shooting, broke over 25 federal and state laws, over a dozen for just firearms alone. How would 100 more have stopped them? Answer: it wouldn't have.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:56 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Houston, TX
Sturmwehr wrote:

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the two behind the Columbine shooting, broke over 25 federal and state laws, over a dozen for just firearms alone. How would 100 more have stopped them? Answer: it wouldn't have.


QFT

_________________
Image
"Dream a little bit
This is the kush to your lighter"

The NZG Specialist, Stick Wielder, Shotgun Extraordinaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:24 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:47 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Mississippi
Becasue of your beloved guns, over a dozen poor people lost their lives that day. I hope you feel happy.

_________________
nooo!! Alliance!! Where art thou!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:09 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Becasue of your beloved guns, over a dozen poor people lost their lives that day. I hope you feel happy.
Because of psychotic people those people lost their lives. May they rest in peace.

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:27 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:30 pm
Posts: 431
Location: Hot, hot FL
Man... I hate this topic with a passion.

GUN CONTROL ONLY HURTS THOSE WHO OBEY THE LAW!! ARGH!!!

Image

_________________
!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:33 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Becasue of your beloved guns, over a dozen poor people lost their lives that day. I hope you feel happy.


Are you saying that guns should have never been invented? Even if there was not a single firearm in the US they would have probably used some sort of stabbing weapon, bludgeon, or cutting weapon.

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:47 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:47 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Mississippi
Look, just to get this straight. I don't have any problem with peopel who take their guns to the range and get off aliottle target practice.. That's fine by me..

But make no mistake about it. Fire arms are not to be taken lightly. Guns are meant to kill. And saying that the world would be a better place if our civilians were driving around in tanks and carrying around whatever machine gun they use in Iraq thersse days is f***ing retarded. No offense. But we don't need that stuff. We're not fighting a war here.

Sure, take your pistols, your M16s, and whatever, but we don't need rocket launchers and that stuff.

_________________
nooo!! Alliance!! Where art thou!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:49 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 196
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Becasue of your beloved guns, over a dozen poor people lost their lives that day. I hope you feel happy.


They had bombs, too. So it wouldn't have mattered if they didn't have guns or not.

The fact is, your reasoning and argument is flawed. They bought their guns ILLEGALLY, they built bombs ILLEGALLY, and (obviously) used both ILLEGALLY.

So, who should we punish? The guns or the idiots/evil assholes that used them to kill people? Perhaps we should punish the idiots/evil assholes. Don't forget that the Columbine school was a "gun free zone." At least, until Klebold and Harris decided to break the law. 1 law, 10,000 laws, it isn't going to stop someone evil. No law can stop evil. Only other people can stop evil.

Also, there wasn't any "because of guns." Like I said, they had bombs. It wouldn't have mattered. In fact, if a cop had been there with a gun and shot and killed them before they massacred their fellow students, you'd have another case of a gun saving a life.


Now, are you going to bring up a point that isn't just a lot of argumentive emotional bullshit, or are we done here?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:20 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:30 pm
Posts: 431
Location: Hot, hot FL
Arcadia, the world would be a better place if we didn't have a lot of things that we have today. Take cars for example; It's a great way to get around but look at how many fatalities we have today due to them.

Also take into account human nature. Like Dermann said, if we didn't have guns we'd have some other weapon to kill each other with. If we didn't have weapons we'd kill each other with our bare hands.

Guns aren't going anywhere and restricting gun laws only hurt those who abide by the law. Criminals are called criminals for a reason. You could place strict laws to not allow anyone to own a firearm, or hell, anything pointy and sharp while you're at it. We'd still have crime and the fact of the matter is it'd only be far worse.

_________________
!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:36 pm 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
Arcadia Fades wrote:
Look, just to get this straight. I don't have any problem with peopel who take their guns to the range and get off aliottle target practice.. That's fine by me..

But make no mistake about it. Fire arms are not to be taken lightly. Guns are meant to kill. And saying that the world would be a better place if our civilians were driving around in tanks and carrying around whatever machine gun they use in Iraq thersse days is f***ing retarded. No offense. But we don't need that stuff. We're not fighting a war here.

Sure, take your pistols, your M16s, and whatever, but we don't need rocket launchers and that stuff.


You are seriously the most ignorant person ever. You actually took what we said about tanks...serious? wow...you're like a kid with downs....except the kid with downs is alot smarter than you. You are missing the whole point. Look at cities with ccl ......they have less crime rates than the cities with out them....you know why ...because criminals dont want to be shot while they are breaking a law......you would ahve known that if you actually watched the video...

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:25 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:36 pm
Posts: 179
Uh, poepel who own guns are more likely to ut themselves than an intruder. Peopel just don't get attacked alot. That's a misperception on the part of the average citizen.

Quote:
You are seriously the most ignorant person ever. You actually took what we said about tanks...serious?

Uh, yea? For someone that said that peoplel should be walking around with machine guns..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:11 am 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
white noise wrote:
Uh, poepel who own guns are more likely to ut themselves than an intruder. Peopel just don't get attacked alot. That's a misperception on the part of the average citizen.

Quote:
You are seriously the most ignorant person ever. You actually took what we said about tanks...serious?

Uh, yea? For someone that said that peoplel should be walking around with machine guns..


To bad I wasnt that one that Said People should be walking around with machine guns. And please show these facts that a person who owns a gun is more likely to shoot themselves than an intruder.....because you would have to be one dumb piece of shit to shoot yourself.......guess it wouldnt be to hard for your or Arcadia though...

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:29 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 301
Don't the figures for "accidental" shootings around the home include suicides?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group