Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:59 am

Post subject: Pacific wars?
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am 
Corporal

There have been so many hundreds of battles in the Pacific, are they going to be included? Japanese, Chinese, American, all the U.N. forces, Korean, Vietnam, Russian... alot of potential. And if this game is all about communism, all of the wars in the pacific have been about communism, or the spread there of.

What do we think?

-Swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:02 am 
Corporal

There was no much wars in the Pacific as in Europe and Africa, and the scale of all what took place there just cannot be compared to what took place on east front during WWII(hundreds of tanks on each side during a single firefight) - battles of such scale are only in WH40K fan fiction. As for communism idea - I can remember only Korea and Vietnam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 am 
Four Star General

All I can say at this point is that there were obviously hundreds (if not thousands!) of battles, skrimishes, border disputes, revolutions, coups, civil wars, etc. from 1900 to today. Some of the greatest ones are represented in Alliance. (Many that have never, to the best of our knowledge, been exploited in first person gaming.) Many good campaigns will be left out, just by sheer weight of what happened around the globe! But that's not to say they won't make it in eventually................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:17 am 
Corporal

Hope you'll give us the possibility to represent things of our interest in mods :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:47 pm 
Corporal

So, we will see some pacific fighting terains, but not a whole lot?

Tango Lima 832 wrote:
There was no much wars in the Pacific as in Europe and Africa, and the scale of all what took place there just cannot be compared to what took place on east front during WWII(hundreds of tanks on each side during a single firefight) - battles of such scale are only in WH40K fan fiction. As for communism idea - I can remember only Korea and Vietnam.

This is not completely true: yes, you are right that there weren't tons of tanks. However, there are many battles that have Chinese vs Japan with a 750,000+ soldiers involved. To say that those battles are insignificant compared to the European theatre is incorrect. Check the casualties list to get a feel. China and Japan alone lost over 10.2 million people both military and civilian. Germany, US, UK and a few other countries amount to close to 10 million. (Then you have the USSR which lost about 23 million)

So, I think that the Pacific has its significance in WWII as well as other periods.

-Swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:04 pm 
Four Star General

As much as we'd like to include every conflict that has taken place in the last 100 years, we can't. Some of those great conflicts already mentioned from the Pacific rim might have to wait for the sequel. :)

Last edited by AllianceEric on Thu May 25, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:21 pm 
Corporal

:cry: Well, I guess that answers that.

-Swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant

I least sox answers his questions striaght forward!

wolfiejr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:28 pm 
Corporal

... Its part of being a nice moderator, you never be overbearing and mean. You must always seem kind and give the person all propriety possible.

Trust me, I have been one before. :?

-Swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:05 pm 
Corporal

Tango Lima 832 wrote:
Hope you'll give us the possibility to represent things of our interest in mods :idea:

Mods are going to be awesome. Can't wait to create one of the first mod teams over here. Might port a few mods over here. Hopefully the coding won't be too hard.

Whos up to create some pacific mods? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:53 am 
Corporal

Sorry about China, but I'm just used to consider it a separate Far East war theatre :oops: Yes, the war there was with great scale, but still do you want to run at Japanese machineguns with a knife?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:24 am 
Corporal

Well, if thats what they did in history... maybe we should be in the game. However, the whole idea is not going to happen. Unless someone mods it in.

-Swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:34 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

you know i have always wonderd why out of so many ww2 games there are close to or 0 in the Pacific Wich were some of the hardest fought battles of ww2 it's nice to see some of this is gonna see a game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:46 am 
Private First Class

darkdragon wrote:
you know i have always wonderd why out of so many ww2 games there are close to or 0 in the Pacific Wich were some of the hardest fought battles of ww2 it's nice to see some of this is gonna see a game

I guess because most of the times it was a fight in the jungle with not really clear lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:22 am 
Sergeant Major

I want to see the finnish-winter-war against russia, in Alliance. The Finns defending the Finnish border of 1 500km. With 30 000 lightly armed Finnish soldiers against 180 000 heavly armed Russian soldiers with 1 000 tanks. Question is only how you can setup the level to easy.

This is really a war against communism. No doubt about it. 9 million people, against 180 million people. Just a fight for freedom from communism. Still people don't get the point, why Finns make war against Russia.

Your house is everything, but the land your house stands on. Is just more then everything.

:lol: